· The College has a good number of Ph. D. qualified staff members. The staff members have obtained their doctoral degrees from their research work carried out at prestigious institutes, such as IISc, IITs in India and in foreign universities as well.
· There are 13 recognised Ph. D. guides in the College and 19 research scholars working under them.
· The College also conducts workshops and seminars aimed at faculty development. In the last 5 years, the College has published 52 research papers in refereed journals in national and international journals. The Impact Factor of some of them is very high. Many members of the staff have presented papers at national and international conferences. One staff from the department of Chemistry has two international patents in the area of Carbon Nano tubes to his credit.
· The College research centre has a central instrumentation facility and has acquired a few sophisticated instruments through its UGC funds as a College with potential for excellence programme scheme.
· The College has completed 5 minor and 3 major projects and has 6 ongoing minor projects and 1 DST funded major research project.
· The staff members have published 54 books during the last 5 years.
· The College has developed useful and academically productive linkages with other institutions both at the national and international levels.