Sumana is a Psychology Association part of the Psychology Department at St. Joseph’s College (Autonomous). It aims to achieve innovation, unification, creativity, and empathy in the field of Psychology and Mental well-being. The association provides a platform for students to come together and join forces to make Psychology as inclusive and accessible as possible.
This academic session has been very productive and successful for Sumana. Starting in the month of June, a number of interesting events have been held.
• Webinar on International Yoga Day, 21st of June, in collaboration with the NSS.
• Forensic Psychology Workshop, 25th of July, guest speaker Mr. Mebin Wilson Thomas, Assistant Professor, Department of Forensic Science, Jain (Deemed to be University)
• Play and Learning Webinar, 28th of August, in collaboration with Headstreams
• Webinar On Music And Mental Health, 29th of August, in collaboration with the Western Music Association
• Suicide Prevention Webinar And Panel Discussion, 10th of September, in collaboration with Consilium
• Industrial And Organizational Psychology Webinar, 19th of September, guest speaker Dr Tanusree Chakraborty
In addition, over the course of August, new members were recruited for the association. The new social media team has been working constantly on the Sumana social media handles, posting new educational content every week. Some of the events scheduled are workshops on child psychology, clinical psychology and hypnotherapy. The team looks forward to organizing many more events and continuing to provide a platform for students to be able to interact with professionals from diverse fields of psychology and grow their understanding of the subject.