The Social Work Students Association supports the Social Work student community, facilitates meaningful learning opportunities within and outside of college, provides events for students to attend and is a powerful voice for students in advocating for improvements to the department.
SWSA organises various events for the student body throughout the academic year, such as creating awareness through rallies and street plays within college and for the general public, working with the marginalised communities, conducting seminars, discussions and public lectures with eminent professionals from various fields of Social Work, organising student to student forums, student faculty meets and informal networking events for the social work students. Through SWSA the students also participate in public protests. SWSA celebrates national and international days of importance through different programmes. We also have events in collaboration with NGOs within the city. SWSA also has its annual interclass fest, where all BSW and MSW students get a chance to showcase their talents and creativity, and helps in building the class dynamics. SWSA also provides leadership opportunities to students who would like to explore their potentials and play prominent roles in leading the association.
• Sensitize students to respond to social problem.
• Motivate Social Work students to become agents of change.
• Provide a resource to locate information and assistance based on the field of Social Work.
• Build the Social Work community through relevant events.
• Support students through advocacy.
• Create a network for Social Work students.
• SWSA Inauguration and Investiture Ceremony
• Webinar on Cancer Prevention and Healthy Lifestyle
• Alumni Lecture 1 – Social Work in the Corporate Sector: Perspectives and Scope
• Lecture on Labour Codes: Challenges and Prospects
• World Mental Health Day 2020 – Photography Competition
• World Human Rights Day
• Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Memorial Lecture
• SWSA Virtual Fest
• Minorities Rights Day
• National Youth Day
• Alnmni Lecture Series (one lecture every month)